THIS SESSION IS FULL
NEXT LEAN TRAINING IS OCTOBER 16TH & 17TH, 2014
Henry Ford Production System LEAN Two-Day Training Program for Healthcare
April 15-16, 2014
"Itís the work, not the man that manages." -Henry Ford
This two-day Henry Ford Production System LEAN training program is a more extensive educational program designed for senior leaders and team leaders in healthcare. It offers a didactic hands-on approach to LEAN management with development of a leadership and management style that will prepare physicians, administrators and technical support staff for the realities and challenges of culture change and potential successes derived from leveraging an educated, empowered and accountable workforce that employs PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) for problem solving, process improvement and more efficient work redesign.
This approach has been very effective in the HFHS Laboratories for the past 8 years resulting in thousands of process improvements produced by the workforce themselves. This supports the PDCA-based HFHS Model-for-Improvement. This approach to LEAN is based upon Deming's management principles of leading and practicing in a culture that uses manufacturing-based work rules and process improvement tools derived from the Toyota Production System. These sessions are applicable not just to laboratory medicine but also adaptable to the processes encountered in clinical medicine, administrative, human resource, industrial, manufacturing, housekeeping and dietary services.
Participants will learn the concepts necessary to begin their LEAN Journey as they work on real life issues while applying LEAN principles learned in this class to their work environment. This course consists of 14.0 CME hours of education class-time in a 2-day didactic and interactive session.
This course is intended for:
Quality and Medical Officers
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the LEAN philosophy and methodology and how it applies to daily work
- Describe and implement effective process improvements based on manufacturing base production principles of continuous improvement
- Understand rules of work leading to standardization, minimization of variation and enhanced, effective communication
- Select leadership and organizational structures for successful transformation to implement LEAN as a continuously learning, evolving and improving workforce culture
- Adopt unique measurement tools based on the scientific method of data collection (PDCA) to identify and analyze defective processes
- Identify methods used to improve work leveling and pull systems that lead to continuous flow processing
- Analyze key input and output processes as well as information within a value stream to identify value and non-value added activities from the customerís perspective
- Manage empowered teams of 'expert' workers
- Understand how new technology can be adapted to promote and sustain LEAN concepts of work
(This training is complimentary to all Henry Ford Health System employees)
What recent participants from around the globe have said about their experience:
- "Knowledgeable, approachable, helpful faculty."
- "Concise LEAN training with real life useable examples."
- "Great 'real' examples to drive home ideas."
- "Explanation of principles based on personal experience."
- "Willing to share useful information here."
- "I learned that standardizing processes, although challenging, is not impossible."
- "It was great to see LEAN in action."
- "Love the kanbans! Can't wait to implement."
Learn more at
Courtyard by Marriott
333 East Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48226
Room block reserved for Monday, April 14th and Tuesday, April 15th.
$131 plus tax per night
*Includes a shuttle to the event both days
Please call 800-321-2211 and mention Henry Ford Health System LEAN Training
Book your group rate: HFHS LEAN Training >>