This Class is Reserved for HFHS Transplant Institute Staff
To register for this program, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Register box in the left hand corner. For more information, please contact Crystal Turner, CME Representative at 313-916-8354.
Henry Ford Transplant Institute Training Sessions
The Henry Ford Transplant Institute LEAN Training program consists of 3.5 CME hours of education class-time.
Location: Clara Ford Pavilion (CFP #236)
Class date and time: Friday, November 30, 2012 -- 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Tuition - Complimentary Fee
- Understand how the customer (patient) determines value in the product that is delivered (quality healthcare) rather than an interpretation of value as the producer
- To be able to identify and eliminate activities and components of their work that do not contribute to that value
- Train leaders and mangers to develop and enhance the work environment which is critical to achieving success in using LEAN to continuously improve work processes
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Briefly explain the background, foundations, and philosophy of LEAN
- Describe the 5 principles of LEAN Thinking and how to apply them to healthcare
- Identify opportunities for the application of LEAN tools to achieve breakthrough results in process improvement
- Conduct LEAN projects individually, or facilitate LEAN projects with teams in their respective work environments
- Encourage and empower others to practice LEAN in their workplace
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement, following the PDCA methodology, consistent with the Henry Ford Health System Values.
Henry Ford Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Henry Ford Health System takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Henry Ford Health System designates this live course for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty/Planning Committee Disclosure Statement:
In Compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, all individuals in a position to control/influence the content of this activity are required to disclose relevant financial interests of their own or spouse or partners with any commercial interests and/or non-FDA approved use of a drug or a device that is included in the presentation.